Medical Behavior in a Commercial World:
Who is Responsible?
This year's conference will explore the ethical responsibilities of health care providers, medical journals, industry, and payers on therapeutic choices, as well as the effects on public health at large. Click
for a recap of last year's successful conference on patient harms from industry promotion. Check back for conference updates!
June 6-7, 2013
Georgetown University, Washington, DC.
Flyers for download (pdf):
Conference Program (pdf):
Conference At-A-Glance (pdf):
- Carl Elliott, MD, PhD, Author of White Coat, Black Hat
- Diana Zuckerman, PhD, President of National Research Center for Women & Families
- Joel Lexchin, MD, York University
- Marcia Angell, MD, Harvard University, former editor of NEJM
- Virginia Barbour, MD, Chief Editor, PLOS Medicine
- Charles Ornstein, Senior Editor, ProPublica
- A ghostwriter who helped sell Low-T syndrome
- A former pharmaceutical executive from a top 5 company
- ... and more!
Accreditation Statement: "The MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians."
Designation Statement: "The MedStar Georgetown University Hospital designates this educational activity for a maximum of 9.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent to their participation in the activity."